Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Block Party Report #3

Surprisingly, I'm not counting down the days until the Block Party, I guess there's to much else to think about than that. :) But, it is 3 days away and I am getting super excited and busy! I thought I would do a post about what I've collected so far. I also just updated the Block Party totals page at the tops of my blog (mind you I don't have any of mine or the ones I already have from Rachel in there!).

First, we have 24 beautiful crochet blocks from my blogger friend/pen pal on the other end of the US - Brianna. You can tell a lot of love and work went into these blocks! Please visit Brianna's blog here, where she posted about these blocks. Thank you Brianna!!!


Next we have two wonderful blocks from one of my "YouthGroupian" friends, Cortnie! She recently learned how to crochet (not from me), and was kind enough to make these blocks for us!! The yarn is Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and it's extremely soft. Thank you Cortnie!


Then we have a block from Ms. Rebekah! This is big Rebekah, not my younger sister, and her big sister is my friend Rachel! I had taught her crochet over a year ago, and Rachel recently retaught her. Thank you Rebekah for making this gorgeous block!


I don't have pictures of anymore blocks, but I do have pictures of two beautiful, gorgeous blankets from Mrs. Diane P who helped us last year. She is unable to come this year, but made two warm knitted blankets for us! They are extremely warm, soft, and they will bless two special little kids at Elijah's orphanage. Thank you Mrs. P!




Next we have pictures of two plarn bags made by Mr. Linc F from my church. He is the "Crochet Dude" of our church, and these bags are his trademark item! Thank you Linc! Max will get them to somebody who will put them to good use!





Then we have two warm soft AMAZING (heehee) pairs of slippers from Rachel (not little Rachel obviously!)! Thank you Rachel!


And last (and least) here is a hat I made out of my left yarn! Hopefully this will end up on a girl at the orphanage instead of a boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment