Sunday, May 30, 2010

Block Party Report #5 - Final Tallies

Sorry it took me so long to get this posted. We got all of the blankets for the Block Party shipped to Ukraine awhile ago, and this post is the final tallies of things we collected.
  • Blankets - 8
  • Scarves (made from left over squares) - 2
  • Pairs of Slippers - 23
  • Pairs of baby booties - 2
  • Baby Sweaters - 4
  • Crochet baby hats - 34
  • Knit baby hats - 17
  • Flannel Baby Blankets - 21

Total Number of Items made for Ukraine - 111!!!! And if you count all the squares instead of the blankets, and the individual slippers instead of the pairs you get 429 things made for Ukraine!!!!! That is amazing!!! But even though I put this all together, and organized it (with lots of help!) I do not deserve any of the praise. God does!!!! I pray that through this many people in Ukraine who are hurting will be blessed. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!! Thank you for helping me set goals, and over achieve them!

One person who set goals is my Aunt Lori. You can see her squares here. She told me that every night she would set a goal of how many she was going to get done that night. She would say "I'm going to get 5 squares tonight!" And then the next thing she knew it was 1 or 2 am in the morning! (You can tell her mom doesn't live with her to tell her when to go to bed like my mom does!) Thank you so much Aunt Lori for all your time and squares! Thank you so much everyone who donated all your time and yarn to make this possible. I can't even estimate how many hours everyone put in all together, so thank you so much!

I have already received squares for next years Block Party. Thank you so much Geri and Valerie for those. I'll post picture of those when it gets closer to next years Block Party. We are planning on doing it at the end of February next year. Below are pictures of things we collected that I haven't posted pictures of yet.


All the slippers and baby booties


These hats were made by my friend Rachel with "her" pattern for baby hats. Thank you Rachel for these hats!!

"Little" Rachel (my little sister) ing one of the hats!

Here are the 21 flannel receiving blankets that my mom and I made

Here are the four different fabrics we made them out of.

Here are some baby hats that I made. Some have pom poms, and some don't because I really didn't feel like making a ton of pom poms. (That's why I need that pom pom maker!) :-)

2 comments :

  1. Hey Sarah - You asked on my blog what day Aaron's birthday is... It is August 11th!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is!?!?! That's the same day as mine!!!! My birthday is on August 11!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete